Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have a dream...

I don't know if it's because my raging hormones are making me think things that are unrealistic,

OR if it's because I'm being told what I can and cannot do it's making me think, "I'll SHOW YOU!"

OR if it's because having children kills brain cells (I don't have a lot left!)

But my dream/goal/desire is to run a sub 2-hour half marathon.


My ONLY half marathon I did in 2 hours and 11 minutes with 8 weeks of training taking me from 3 miles to 10 miles for the first time in my life.

I did NO speed work. I was only working on endurance and I remember at the race my body being done at about 9.5 miles. I barely struggled to hang on until the end and I was DONE. My comfortable pace during most of the race was a 9:40 minute mile (I just couldn't hold it at the end) which would give me a 2:06 half. I need to run a 9:09 minute mile for 13.1 miles to squeak under 2 hours.


I REALLY think I can do this. It'll be hard. It'll take a lot of training. Lots of speedwork. 

I WILL go a sub-2.
So let it be written.
So let it be done.

No comments: