Saturday, August 27, 2011

Healthy food sucks.

I know everyone in the running/exercise/blogosphere is all about the Larabar. I've heard people rave about how wonderful they are, etc.

So today, I tried one for the first time ever.



Oh. My. DISGUSTING!!!! How can you people eat these??? I'm not trying to be mean here, but BLECH! My kids tried it as well and spit it out. I would rather eat an original powerbar (can you say sawdust and puke mixed together??) than eat more of these monstrosities! 

How about a Nutella bar?? Now THAT I could go for!

3 comments:

Victoria (The District Chocoholic) said...

They taste like tar and are actually really sugary/sometimes high in fat because of the dried fruit and nuts. I'd rather just have trailmix. I think larabar pays them all off

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Such a bummer that you didn't like them! I have to say, some of the Larabars are AMAZING. But, some just aren't! Don't give up on them, maybe try a different flavor!

Ashby Family said...

Vanessa - can you give me some of your favorite flavors?? I'll maybe try a different one but I was NOT impressed with the cashew cookie one. yuck, yuck, yuck!