Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Paying Attention is Scary Business!

The newest diet challenge is up at Fit & Hungry and I am doing it!!

Today is day 1 of true, honest calorie counting. I am using spark people to keep track all the way and my total is 2800 for today. (I may have over-estimated the amount of candy, but better to aim high than underestimate) Keeping in mind that I burned over 800 calories today running, so that puts me at 2000 calories for just regular daily life.

Confession: 800-ish calories of my daily count were from sweets and candy. GASP! Now normally I don't eat that much in one day, but that's kind of eye opening. small display of what I ate:





I'm gonna try to do less candy tomorrow. seriously.

4 comments:

Victoria (The District Chocoholic) said...

I count calories/track what I eat, and I think what is important is not so much the numbers, but the insights you get about when/what you are eating and how it may not be the best way to support your goals.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Yowza! I think I would come to a similar realization! Since I don't worry about weight so much I just eat what I want, but lots of it is just junk and sugar!
:)

fancy nancy said...

One day I kept the wrappers of all the candy I ate through the day. It was a good kick in the pants to get me to be serious and cut down! I need to be better about counting calories...I do really well until night time!

Kevin @ Half TRI-ing said...

Years ago I cut out soda and lost 10lbs

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com