Thursday, May 5, 2011

No Sugar Day 2 - Part 1

Let's back up and talk about the rest of last night first. I had a single serving bag of salt and lime popcorn (no sugar - I checked), and then at 11pm (I couldn't sleep because my mouth hurt so bad from the dentist yesterday. He was brutal with that syringe!) I was on the computer and the room started spinning uncontrollably. I laid down on the floor and closed my eyes but I felt like I was spinning on a turntable or something.

SCARY.

So I ate a second helping of dinner and 2 scrambled eggs.

Okay, now on day 2.

When I woke up this morning I felt awful. My stomach was upset, I am crampy (like a period, but it hasn't started yet), and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what to eat before running 6 miles.

Don't say bananas. I am allergic to bananas.

So I cheated and ate 1/4 of a slice of potato bread so I had SOMETHING. I wasn't about to sit there and eat an apple.

During the run my tummy was revolting the entire way. I thought I was going to throw up, I had heartburn, it was awful. And when I was done I then had intestinal distress. And I was dizzy again and knew I had to eat something but couldn't figure out what.  So I made oatmeal cooked in milk with NO sweeteners added. Ummm, yucky.

Then I still felt like I was going to hurl, I'm crampy, dizzy, and just feel so bad. I go back to bed for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Take my oldest son to playgroup and wonder if I'm pregnant?? (what?!) My period is late, I'm sleepy, nauseous, and dizzy - all symptoms of mine when I'm pregnant. I run to the dollar general for their $1 pregnancy tests, run home and take the test while my heart is racing with nervousness. Those 3 minutes feel like an eternity when you are waiting for those pink lines to show up.

My conclusion at 9:45 this morning? I am adjusting the no sugar challenge to include bread. I ate 2 slices of whole grain toast with butter and jam and felt not so dizzy anymore. (did I mention that I am slightly hypoglycemic?) I HAVE to have more carbs that are easy to digest. Feeling like this is no bueno!

Oh, and in case you were wondering - the test was negative.   :)

No comments: