Monday, May 2, 2011

Dean is the man.



As I read this book, and am brought to tears several times already, I have to throw out one of my favorite quotes:

"...don't we spend enough of our lives doubting ourselves, thinking we're not good enough, not strong enough, not made of the right stuff? The marathon gives you the opportunity to tackle these doubts head-on...you tune out the naysayers who tell you you're not good enough, and you listen only to the passion in your heart."


    -Dean Karnazes

4 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Great quote. Love that man, and need to get my hand on this book!
:)

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

I've read that book and it was awesome. He is such an inspiration!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

AHHHH I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR FIRST MARATHON!!! That is the best news ever. That book is AMAZING!! Dean is the biggest motivator and every time I read anything by him I just want to go run. Watch the documentary of his 50 50 after you read the book:)

d.a.r. said...

So exciting!!! This is an awesome quote!