Monday, April 18, 2011

Official Results!

I placed second female overall (the girl that beat me KILLED me in the run.), and 7th including the guys!

Here's how it broke down:

Swim - 2nd place overall (1st female)
Bike - 5th place overall (1st female)
Run - 16th place overall (4th female)

Here's what I considered while reflecting on this race - this is the first time I've done all 3 events in one day since September. I have been working my BOOTY off this winter trying to become a better runner. Seriously, I ran a half marathon and a 10K, tried barefoot running, got a garmin, and then jumped into a triathlon with no swimming for 7 months and got SECOND?! And you know what? I loved the swimming portion. I loved the biking portion. And I struggled through the running portion. When doing all three at once I realized that I am just BETTER at the other 2 sports. Like, naturally better. I don't think running will ever be my strength.

I could never give up triathlons. I am a swimmer first.

Can't wait until the next one. Any donations for my tri bike that I got fitted for??

2 comments:

A.J. Dub. said...

Way to go! Looks like you did pretty awesome for not having swum/swam/swimmed in ages. :)
Thanks for coming today and for my yummy yummy cake. Did I say Yummy yet? MMMMMMMMM

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Awesome! Congrats on a fantastic performance!