Thursday, April 28, 2011

Favorite Things Friday!

With a little inspiration from Beth over at Shutupandrun, here are some of my "favorite things".

- Shoes. I LOVE shoes. All different kinds for every occasion. You can NEVER have too many shoes.

(I totally need these)


- Cookies. I LOVE cookies. Of all the desserts and candy, I pick cookies. Homemade ones of the non-sugar variety, please. (Don't even mention oreos. Sacrilege of a cookie) I have the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. I know everyone says that, but I really do. I mean, really.



- Pink lady apples.
Best.
Apple.
 Ever.
I may or may not have purchased 8.47 pounds of them today at Albertson's. Since they were .99/lb. Is that wrong?



- The Chronicles of Narnia. (Not the movies) These are some of my favorite books ever. I've read them over and over again. C.S. Lewis is a genius and the books are so much fun. If you've never read all of the books, go and do it. (especially if you are a Christian - there is symbolism everywhere)


- Swimming. As hard as I try to be a fast runner (or cyclist), I am just good at swimming. I love the water and I really enjoy beating other people at SOMETHING. I spent years and years working on technique and speed since I started competitively swimming at 10 years old. And now I don't have to put forth much effort and I'm still better than most. It feels so good. AND it goes to show that a lot of hard work can have lasting benefits years later. (for all those that ran track in high school - you are kicking my trash today on the road!)

What are your favorite things??

2 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Love this! I'm all over the pink lady apples. I might wear those shoes while eating one. Great list!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Great list!
Love the Chronicles of Narnia. When I was in high school and college I would read through the series every year!
:)