Thursday, April 21, 2011

Candy is yummy.

I ran 6 miles this morning. Go me! I got faster with every mile and felt pretty strong.

Mile 1 - 9:59
Mile 2 - 9:51
Mile 3 - 9:28
Mile 4 - 10:01 - okay, this one isn't faster but I was running into the wind and this mile had the "C" hill.
Mile 5 - 9:36 (still into the wind)
Mile 6 - 8:56 - HAHA!! I hit the 8's!!

overall pace - 9:37

Why is it SO HARD to run faster? On the last 2 miles, my heart rate was hitting 185-187. That's pretty much my MAX, not even the 80% or so where we are supposed to hang out. It blows my mind that some runners out there (skinnyrunner, hungryrunnergirl, EMZ) can run like, 7-ish minute miles for a MARATHON! My fastest ONE MILE was 7:50 and my heart rate hit 192 and I thought I was going to puke, fall over, and pass out. Is there something wrong with me??

I know!! I challenge all three of them to a swimming race!! YEAH! That's probably the only way I'll ever beat them in anything.

Since I had such a great run (for me) this morning, I think I finally figured out why! I had great carb loading last night with all the peanut butter M&M's and starburst jelly beans I ate. (seriously. I ate a lot.) I had a tummy ache from all the candy as I went to sleep but I had tons of energy in the morning!

Screw clean eating! Bring on the easter baskets!!

No comments: