Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Uh oh.

Piriformis syndrome is a neuromuscular disorder that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed or otherwise irritated by the piriformis muscle causing pain, tingling and numbness in the buttocks and along the path of the sciatic nerve descending down the lower thigh and into the leg.


I no longer think I have a pulled muscle. It hurts:



It hurts (really just feels super tight) after I run and bike. Yoga and lots of stretching and a hot (HOT) shower loosen it up.

Things to AVOID when you have piriformis syndrome? Word for word:
avoidance of contributory activities, such as running, bicycling, rowing, etc.


Now what?!


Oh, and I should mention that I'm NEVER going to hit the 1000 miles ran for 2011 that tall mom is hosting. I'm barely over 110 miles right now for the year and it's March 8th!


I feel like such a loser. Why do I always get hurt? I'm really frustrated right now.

No comments: