Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FINALLY - I am a Runner.

With a capital "R".

I started the couch to 5K program in August of 2009, ran my first 1/2 marathon in November 2010, my first 10K in January 2011, and NOW, I can call myself a runner.

Because I finally achieved those runner's legs? Unfortunately, no.

Because I got my very first chafing battle wound!

Can you believe I've been jogging running for a year and just NOW got my first scar?? It totally hurts. I forgot I had it after a shower and rubbed my towel over it and tears started running down my face.

To console myself I ate 4 cookies and a bowl of blue bell mint chocolate chip ice cream. After a week of not eating sugar. And now my tummy hurts. Why aren't cookies and ice cream good for you? Darn it.

I'm stalking my full marathon website so I can register as soon as they post the link. That way I can't back out! It's in November, so what's normal for registration opening??

Looking forward to my 5 mile run tomorrow that just turned into a 10 mile run to burn off all those cookies. My swimsuit is not going to be happy with me.

1 comment:

journey said...

Way to go on the chafing! My worst one was under my chest and it was not pretty! Good luck on registering for your marathon. I am running one in Oct. and it doesn't open till May so no idea for yours in Nov. I feel the same way about cookies and ice cream but not as guilty about it as you do. That is part of my problem :)