Saturday, March 26, 2011

Darn it. I'm not a runner.

I am taking a runbattical.

I've had injury after injury after injury for the last 4 months. I took 2 full rest days (as in, didn't do ANYTHING) thursday and friday and then went for an easy jog/walk today and my shin feels like the muscle is pulling away from the bone - that's how bad it hurts. And my thutt is tight again.

I wonder if I'm just one of those people who can't run every day. My body seems to not be able to handle it.

So, for the next 8 days, I will be focusing on biking and yoga. And that's it. I'm going to call it yiking. Or maybe boga?

I really wish the pool was open because I know that would be the best thing for me for recovery. After my tri in April, I think I might take a full month off from running to let myself heal all the way. I need to be in tip top shape for my marathon in November!

No comments: