Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Uh Oh.

Should I give the good news first or the bad news first?

Good news:

my 4.8 mile run last night ROCKED. My heart rate was the lowest it's been for a while. My max only hit 182(it's usually 191), and I hung out in the 177 range for most of the run (usually 186)!! woohoo! AND it was one of the fastest I've run that's not a race. Averaged about 9:30 miles for the whole thing. And there are some monster hills in that route!! (at least 4)

Bad news:

My hips hurts. Bad. I actually voiced the word, "OW" while I was running. Several times. It's the same hip and pain that took me out of running a year ago for 3 months. I haven't felt a twinge at all for the last 8 months from that hip and now? It's throbbing just sitting in this chair as I type. Every step I take is painful. In the joint. I'm hoping that because I ran in a lot of bumpy grass last night to avoid cars is what tweaked it and it will get better in a couple days.

Why am I so prone to injury? It's like I'm falling apart at the seams, and I'm not even 30 yet!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I spent about 8 weeks in physical therapy all because I wasn't stretching enough and properly before running. I stretch at least 2-3 times every day and my stretches are what my PT call authentic to running. Hopefully you just need rest and stretching. Great job on your 10K. I found your blog off the TallMom spreadsheet. Catchy and cute title!