Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The numbers don't lie.

So my husband offers to run with me every now and then. and I hate it. He doesn't stay with me because my pace is pretty much walking for him. It's obvious that it pains him to go that slow. He is surprised that I don't run that fast since I am such a good swimmer and an okay cyclist (although not rocking on the speed there, either).  It makes me feel bad for not being better.

All I know is that when I run "fast", I feel like curling up in the fetal position and dying. My heartrate is sky high (although I didn't really know what it was, but I knew how I felt). It hurts SO BAD. I feel as though my arteries are going to burst open and spew blood all over from my heart beating so hard.

The facts are this:
220 minus your age = your maximum heart rate. The number you shouldn't go over. I am 29. SO my max heart rate would be 191.

You are supposed to hang out in the 65% to 85% of the max. SO, I should hang around in the 124-162 heart rate range.

Today while I ran my 1 mile in 7:50, my heart rate hit 193. That is OVER what my max is supposed to be. No wonder I feel like I'm going to die. You know what's sad? 7:50 isn't fast!!! How in the world am I supposed to be able to run faster if my heart is going to explode out of my chest??

Even when I slowed back down to 9:22/mi, I couldn't get under 184.

On a side note, I feel pretty comfortable with the heart rate at 175.

No comments: