Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Marathon is how long?

I can't get this out of my head.

I called my 2 sisters today to invite them to run the marathon with my dad and me. You know, a family affair - if you will.

One of them is iffy because she's having a baby at the end of June and doesn't think she'll have enough time to train - I get that.

The other was a runner back in the day. Ran the mile in 6:50. Ran 5K's for cross country in early high school. Since then not a lot of the working out. She is now 21 (I think? Hey, the more kids, the lower number of brain cells) She has not worked out for at least 5 years. At all. I told her I was planning on a nice 10 min/mile pace (which she shrugged off as a piece of cake) and just to enjoy the marathon. She then asked me how long THIS marathon was.  Is this normal? People who "should" be runners don't know how long a marathon is??

Neither one will probably do it. Preggy girl, obviously. And the "quitter" sister. I don't mean to be mean (really) but if it's hard, she doesn't finish it. That's the way she is and has been for the last 7 years that I remember.

You guys know anyone who thinks because they were fast for a short period of time about 7 years ago that they can do whatever you do? Does it bug you at all?

(I have another thought I'll share tomorrow)

No comments: