Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's the dealio??

Okay. This is not cool.

It is FOUR days after "the race", and I have not recovered yet. Yesterday on my 3.5 mile run, I felt like someone had just rolled me out of bed and told me to run. Foggy head, legs of lead (hey! it rhymes!), no energy. I did it but didn't want to at all and didn't feel right.

Today I decided to give my bike some love after neglecting it for 3 weeks(and to give my IT band a break). I had time for a quick 12 miler before a meeting and it was not good. No energy still, legs are extremely fatigued, high heart rate. Hills that didn't bother me a month ago felt like Mt. Everest today. What gives??

How long does it take to recover from a half marathon? When you aren't a runner? This. Is. LAME.

Tomorrow had BETTER be a good run. speedwork is on the menu.

No comments: