Monday, November 1, 2010

Gary Burns 5K

All prepped the night before!


It was a CHILLY 47 degrees as we waited for 45 minutes to start the race. (I made a mistake and the 5K started at 8:30. NOT 8am. My bad)
Me and the hubs ran this together and the kiddies (aren't they cute?) were watched by my in-laws during the race.

Here's Dave taking it to the finish!

The goal of this race was to finish in 27-ish minutes(even 27:59 would have been good), and try to pace off Dave. DANG that was hard. I didn't realize how much time I take to warm up when I run. Dave took off and I spent most of the race trying to catch up with him! Also, What's with the walkers?? I have no problem with walkers doing a 5K(I used to be one of them), but I crossed the start line 1 minute after the gun and I weaved around walkers for at least a mile! There were some parts where there was no where to go and I was slowed to a walk until I could make it to the grass to go around people.


About 1.5 miles in, I was hurting. I am not ready to run that fast for longer than 3 minutes!! (don't make fun, it was fast for me) I could not catch my breath and was starting to get a cramp in my shoulder. I sprinted it to the finish with a time of 28:02. WHAT?! If I hadn't weaved so much, I totally would have gotten my goal. But I DID PR and came in 16/86 in my AG and 700/3500 overall!


The only place to go now is FASTER.

We...


 How cute is my baby all snuggled up??

DRC half in 6 days!!

No comments: