Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This is the plan...


For the "long run" on friday. Yes, I realize that most people consider a long run to be anything over 10 miles. Well, you know what?? This isn't about you! It's about ME! And one year ago I still was not able to run a 5K without stopping. Next year I will do the "traditional" long runs since I have a marathon planned for next fall with my dad, but for now the half marathon is the goal - hence the 8 miler being a long run. You know what?? 8 miles rocks. How many people do you know that can run 8 miles?? (blogger buddies don't count) I'm freaking awesome.

I will be starting this on Friday at noon-ish so I will drop water bottles every 2 miles or so since I am a big drinker. I will also plan on taking a Gu at mile 4. If you pass me, wave "hi!" or even run a couple with me!

I'm taking this one nice and slow and hoping for 1 hour and 25 minutes. or around there.

No comments: