Saturday, October 2, 2010

7 miler

Went GREAT this morning although there were some hang ups. Started well - I swear it takes me a full 2 miles to get warmed up all the way - and then right at mile 2 Teresa tripped and scraped her knee, hand, and twisted her ankle or something. I walked with her for about 2 minutes or so and she was going to go home, so I continued without her for the last 5.

It was dark when we started at 6am, and I know some people would be nervous about snakes, or something like that, but my fear is running into a SKUNK. I've passed 2 in the last week and a half and that would make a CRAPPY run to get skunked.

I had to go to the bathroom at about mile 5 or so (you know, runner's bathroom stop. Running cleans out my intestines quite a bit), so around mile 5.5 I stopped at the truck stop  to use their facilities and I was in there for an entire Lady GaGa song. (I'm guessing 3 minutes)

The legs started getting a little tired with a mile left (which is why you build your mileage slowly, I suppose). I finished up with my timer at 1 hour 17 minutes. I took off 5 minutes for the bathroom break and walk with T, for a run time of 1:12, which is a 10:08 pace. (it was 7.1 miles)

I'm really proud of that but when I read some runner blog where their warm up is 3 miles at 9:00 pace and then mile repeats @ 7:30 pace, I feel like I'll never be fast.

Trying not to get frustrated...

No comments: