Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1 year ago

I wrote this:

"Monday and tuesday I did my couch to 5K running. I am on week four. (week four is jog 1/4 mile, walk 1/8 mile a couple of times)

When I run, I feel like I want to die.

It hurts SO BAD. It is so strange that I can swim for a long time and while my muscles hurt and I get tired, I can do it. Same with biking.

When I run, my body is fighting me to continue to do what I am asking of it. My stomach goes into knots that make me want to puke. I get cramps in my side and shoulder. I can't breathe at all and feel like I'm suffocating. (although that could be the humidity.) My legs feel okay, actually.

If it hurts so bad then why am I doing it? I suppose I like torture. (kidding) This is one of the biggest challenges (physically) that I've faced. And I am certainly the type to look a challenge in the eye and say, "You can't beat me." and when someone tells me that I can't do something then I usually think to myself, I will prove you wrong.
I also really like the way runner's legs look and I want them.

I can do this.
I can do this.
I will do this.

wish me luck."


Now I can run for 5 miles without stopping. I've done it 3 times in the last 3 weeks INCLUDING hills so I know that's not a fluke. I'm not fast yet, but give me time..oh, just give me time...

No comments: