Friday, August 27, 2010

too much??

So, my triathlon is in 9 days. I'm super excited about it (where in the last one I was so nervous I wanted to puke). And already have a couple other races in mind. They are as follows:

5K in sherman on sept 18th (I think)
44 mile bike race (Autumn in Bonham) Sept 25
5K race with dave in october - his goal is to go 25 minutes - yikes
1/2 marathon in november??? WHAT?!
8 mile turkey trot on thanksgiving
Frosty 5K December 11

Does that sound good to you guys??

I found a 9 week training plan for the 1/2 marathon and since I can run 4 and 5 miles right now without stopping, I think I have an okay base to start something like that. It's a pretty intense training plan, but what do you think? Thank i can handle it?? Think my family can handle it??

My goal is to do an Olympic triathlon next summer and since my limiter is my run, I wanted to use this winter as a training period to seriously up my stamina and speed in running as well as biking. Although in biking, I just want to be faster.

I can't believe I'm about to say this...but I think I kind of like running now.

No comments: